Help with a Federal Agency

Residents of the 7th Congressional District of North Carolina should contact my office for help resolving any problem with the federal government. My staff is experienced and dedicated to assisting you. Although I have no role in the decision-making process of federal agencies, my office will help ensure that you receive full and fair consideration in a timely manner. If your issue or problem is with a local or state agency in North Carolina, we will gladly refer you to the appropriate officials who can best serve you.

Before contacting my office, you may wish to consider the following questions to determine if we are able to assist you:

1) Are you a resident of the 7th District of North Carolina? Congressional courtesy and the rules of the House of Representatives state that I may only serve constituents living in the district I represent. If you are not sure that I am your representative, or if you would like to find out who your Member of Congress is, please visit the Find Your Representative page.

2) Does your case involve a federal agency?
As a Member of Congress and your representative in Congress, I am able to inquire into federal agencies on your behalf. If your case involves the State of North Carolina or a local government within North Carolina, please contact your representatives in the North Carolina House of Representatives, the North Carolina Senate, or the local government.

A few of the agencies that we regularly work with include:

Social Security Administration (SSA)
Veterans Affairs (VA)
Department of Defense (DoD)
Office of Personnel Management (OPM) – for Federal Employees/Retirees
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
Department of State – for Passport Services/Visa Affairs
Department of Homeland Security – for United States Citizenship and Immigration Services