There are a number of resources available on the web to prepare for Hurricane Sandy:
- To learn ways to prepare you, your family, and your business for a hurricane, visit Ready.gov for a step by step plan.
- To follow Hurricane Sandy’s path and related weather predictions, updates are available at the following link: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
- To get instant updates on Twitter, you may follow @RedCross @FEMA @NHC_Atlantic and @WeatherChannel which will post updates on the trajectory of the storm as well as ways to prepare your home and your family.
Below you will find a list of state and federal resources to help you and your family plan and prepare for a weather emergency.
- State Resources
- North Carolina Division of Emergency Management
- North Carolina Disaster Preparedness Website
- North Carolina Division of Health and Human Services
- North Carolina Division of Environmental Health
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- National Weather Service: National Hurricane Center
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention