Residents of the 7th Congressional District of North Carolina should contact my office for help resolving any problem with the federal government. My staff is experienced and dedicated to assisting you. Although I have no role in the decision-making process of federal agencies, my office will help ensure that you receive full and fair consideration in a timely manner. If your issue or problem is with a local or state agency in North Carolina, we will gladly refer you to the appropriate officials who can best serve you.
Before contacting my office, you may wish to consider the following questions to determine if we are able to assist you:
1) Are you a resident of the 7th District of North Carolina? Congressional courtesy and the rules of the House of Representatives state that I may only serve constituents living in the district I represent. If you are not sure that I am your representative, or if you would like to find out who your Member of Congress is, please visit the Find Your Representative page.
2) Does your case involve a federal agency?
As a Member of Congress and your representative in Congress, I am able to inquire into federal agencies on your behalf. If your case involves the State of North Carolina or a local government within North Carolina, please contact your representatives in the North Carolina House of Representatives, the North Carolina Senate, or the local government.
A few of the agencies that we regularly work with include:
• Social Security Administration (SSA)
• Veterans Affairs (VA)
• Department of Defense (DoD)
• Office of Personnel Management (OPM) – for Federal Employees/Retirees
• The Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
• Department of State – for Passport Services/Visa Affairs
• Department of Homeland Security – for United States Citizenship and Immigration Services
3) Have you completed a Privacy Act Release Form?
The Federal Privacy Act of 1974 protects you from the release of personal information to a third party without written permission. It is required that you complete and sign a Privacy Act Release Form for my office to contact a federal agency on your behalf. For inquiries with the Department of Veterans Affairs or the Internal Revenue Service, you will need to specifically select those options below. For all other inquiries, please select the first Privacy Act Release Form. After faxing or e-mailing the form to our offices, please also mail the original form. Click here for office addresses.
Please choose one of the following:
Privacy Act Release Form (for most agencies including the Social Security Administration, OPM, the Department of Labor, and the Department of Defense)
VA Privacy Act Release Form (for Veterans Affairs only)
IRS Privacy Act Release Form (for the IRS only)